- n (electronics) a sharp transient wave in the normal electrical state (or a series of such transients)
the pulsations seemed to be coming from a star
- n a periodically recurring phenomenon that alternately increases and decreases some quantity
- n the rhythmic contraction and expansion of the arteries with each beat of the heart
- The classic example of this pulsation is the periodic appearance of Scandinavian lemmings, which every three to four years rush by thousands to the coasts, then swim far out to .
- Variations in electric charge cause atoms to expand, contract, result in a pulsation of the earth.
- Contraction of the heart pushed the small lead pellet into the left ventricle, whence further pulsation drove it into the aorta, main feeder of the arterial system.
News & Articles
- Panel Builder's Pressure Gauge delivers reliability via design.
Ashcroft® Type 2008S features 63 mm dia gauge dial that combines stainless steel wetted parts and case along with PowerFlex™ spring suspended movement to promote reliability and longevity. Also available, liquid fill and PLUS! Performance™ dampen potential pointer bounce caused by vibration and pulsation. This all-welded, front-flanged pressure gauge is suited for monitoring ...
Sept. 5, 2013 - ThomasNet