- n a device (as a decorative loop of cord or fabric) for holding or drawing something back
the draperies were drawn to the sides by pullbacks
- n (military) the act of pulling back (especially an orderly withdrawal of troops)
the pullback is expected to be over 25,000 troops
- Done judiciously, a pullback from the war would start restoring America's ability to advance its interests and deter aggression beyond Iraq.
- Richard Drew AP After a 40% rally in the SP 500 off its March market lows, Wall Street strategists had been expecting a market pullback, or consolidation, as part of an orderly .
- The pullback clears the deck for spending increases in the not-too-distant future: people are going to have to buy cars one of these days.
News & Articles
- Pre-Market Primer: Stocks Rise on Hopes of No QE Taper; US and EU Negotiate Trade Deal
Stock futures were up sharply this morning as investors cling to hope that the Federal Reserve will avoid making a rash pullback from quantitative easing. Before the opening bell, Dow
June 17, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Week ends with another pullback - Sat, 15 Jun 2013 PST
NEW YORK – U.S. stocks fell on Friday, chalking up a third weekly loss in four, with investors on guard ahead of next week’s monetary-policy decision by a key Federal Reserve committee. “We didn’t get the pullback in May when we thought we would, so it looks like June is giving us some of that,” said Andrew Fitzpatrick, director of investments at Hinsdale Associates Inc.
June 15, 2013 - The Spokesman-Review
- Market Sentiment Gives Clues to Next Big Move in Stocks
The stock market's latest pullback has some bulls on edge. After an uninterrupted rally that started in November, the recent pullback deleted 5% of gains and has thus far become the largest correction since then.My article "Are Technicals Signaling a Storm Ahead" already suggest a heightened sense of insecurity, and now I'm watching a few key things concerning market sentiment (or mood of the ...
June 14, 2013 - FOX Business
- Robert Shiller in Bloomberg
The pullback in the US residential real-estate market is showing no signs of slowing down,said Robert Shiller, chief economist at MacroMarkets LLC and a professor at Yale University, said in a statement.
- Brian France in USA Today
We're also not going to live or die if one manufacturer or another has a pullback or pullout,France said before Sunday's race at Phoenix International Raceway. "I hope it doesn't happen. We're working like mad to make sure it doesn't...
- Anatoly Serdyukov in The Australian
The pullback of Russian troops and units passed without incident and was completed on timeat 7.50pm (0150 AEST Saturday), Serdyukov said in a statement given to journalists by the Kremlin press service.