- n the basic unit of money in Botswana
- In the waterless wastes of Bechuanaland there is no happier word than pula, which means first "rain," and hence almost everything else that is good.
- As crowds of Bamangwato shouted happily and grizzled tribal elders cried pula, pula (welcome, welcome), Ruth, sobbing and laughing, ran over the rough sand into her husband's .
- But the primitive Bamangwato, whatever the British said, persisted in recognizing Seretse as leaderespecially after his homecoming was greeted by a pula, or downpour, greatest .
News & Articles
- Fortado, USA Junior Team begin play in Croatia
University of Arkansas sophomore Liz Fortado and the USA Volleyball Women's Junior A1 National Team began play Monday at the 9th Annual European Global Challenge in Pula, Croatia.
July 15, 2013 - KTHV Little Rock
- Robert Mugabe in News24
I do not see us adopting the rand as our main currency. Even in Sacu, the South African Customs Union, the members have their own currencies even though they use the rand,Mugabe told Harare-based The Herald Online. "Botswana has its pula,...
- Festus Mogae in Independent Online
Both Gov. Camacho and Mr. Nikolao Pula expressed their support for HR 3940 and its intent to provide federal assistance for a comprehensive political status education program for Guam. Further the Guam Legislature has introduced Resolution 15 in... Madeleine Bordallo http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madeleine_Bordallo&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFKO-r9Fh2DmUxBBZAMvtSuJqkGTQ Pacific Daily News http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.guampdn.com/article/20091106/NEWS01/91106004/1002/%253CB%253ENEWS%2BUPDATE%253C/B%253E%2B%2BBordallo%2Bholds%2Bhearing%2Bon%2Bpolitical%2Bstatus%2Beducation%2Bbill&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEUFXbeeWP3Z3goL3PvDDM76M Nov 5, 2009
78875 106198 pula Actual spending over 2005 was 1.14 billion pula (R1,3-billion) of which 900 million pula came from the Botswana government. International donors contributed 228 million, the private sector 11 million," a week-end statement from the Office of...