- n someone who fights with his fists for sport
- Some members of his own race freely condemned the pugilist Johnson for marrying a " white.
- In Detroit, one Patrick Klein (pugilist) last week argued with a bullyboy thug who fired four shots point blank.
- Benjamin Morris Jeblatosky (Ben Jeby), Hebrew pugilist of Manhattan: the middleweight championship of the world, as defined by the New York State Athletic Commission; by beating .
News & Articles
- George Foreman Speaks On The Top 5 Boxers Of All Time And HBO’s Championship Bout
The most interesting man is the world isn’t the cavalier chum in those Dos Equis beer commercials, it’s legendary pugilist George Foreman. His track record is as solid as his right hook. The rugged brawler won an Olympic gold medal in 1968, has been heavyweight champion twice and is still the oldest title-holder in history. Let’s not forget that he’s survived a brutal bout with Muhammad Ali in ...
June 14, 2013 - Vibe Magazine
- Johnny Tapia Documentary To Debut Saturday Night In LA
This Saturday night from the Los Angeles Film Festival, TAPIA—a documentary based on the life of five-time world champion boxer Johhny Tapia (59-5-2, 30 KO) will premiere, chronicling the road to glory and the struggles and adversities the pugilist faced inside and out of the ring.
June 13, 2013 - Boxing Insider
- Kevin Rudd in The Age
Given Mr Harkins' career as a well-known pugilist, I thought his career would lie in the party opposite rather than in our party given what has happened in the joint party room today,Mr Rudd told Parliament - a reference to the stoush between...
- Bob Arum in 411mania.com
Miguel Cotto, over the last ten years, has sold more boxing tickets than any other pugilist in New York. He is the New York attractionsaid Bob Arum:" He proves it year after year.
- Ron Prince in Dallas Morning News
Prince said his players need to play with good "balance and ballast" and said you need to be a "pugilist as an offensive lineman."