- a relating to or connected with or occurring at the time of childbirth or shortly following, or to the woman who has just given birth
- Holmes was noted professionally for his researches into puerperal fever.
- British researchers have also incriminated PPLO in puerperal fevers and fevers following gynecologic surgery.
- Among the diseases conquered by sulfanilamide are puerperal sepsis (childbed fever), gonorrhea, meningitis, and streptococcus sore throat.
News & Articles
- Dr. Brenna Anderson contributes to expert series on GAS in pregnancy
( Women & Infants Hospital ) Brenna Anderson, MD, has published an article as part of a Clinical Expert Series in the April 2014 edition of Obstetrics & Gynecology, now available online. The article, entitled 'Puerperal Group A Streptococcal (GAS) Infection: Beyond Semmelweiss,' offers a description of the recommended approach to diagnosing and treating GAS in pregnant and postpartum women.
March 6, 2014 - EurekAlert!