- n a mixture of wet clay and sand that can be used to line a pond and that is impervious to water when dry
- n a small body of standing water (rainwater) or other liquid
there were puddles of muddy water in the road after the rain
- n something resembling a pool of liquid
his chair sat in a puddle of books and magazines
- v wade or dabble in a puddle
The ducks and geese puddled in the backyard
- v subject to puddling or form by puddling
- v dip into mud before planting
puddle young plants
- v work a wet mixture, such as concrete or mud
- v mess around, as in a liquid or paste
- v make into a puddle
- v make a puddle by splashing water
- v mix up or confuse
- v eliminate urine
- A leak in the ceiling creates a puddle on Palin's desk.
- What this means in practice is that, first, his body physically melts into a little puddle and then rebuilds itself bone by bone; then he becomes a giant robot; then weird energies .
- Had the water of the puddle been enchanted? Did he taste once more, in his gnarled nostrils, the clover-scented wind of youth? A younger horse clip-clopped into the puddle.
News & Articles
- Record-setting evening at Lynn Woods
It was a puddle-soaked evening at the Lynn Woods Summer Cross Country Races on Wednesday ... and also a record-setting one. There were 305 finishers in four separate races: short, long, kids and peewee. The 305 finishers is a record for the races, which are in their 44th year.
June 13, 2013 - The Daily Item
- Dr. J still dunks at 63; Polish puddle celebration
Julius Erving is still dunking at 63, and an amateur soccer player decided a puddle dive was the best way to celebrate a goal.
June 11, 2013 - KSL Salt Lake City
- Tornado watch issued for Nashville, surrounding counties
File - Drew Mixon, 2, stomps around in a puddle of water while playing in the rain with his mother at the Main Street Festival in April. / Mark Zaleski / The Tennessean
June 10, 2013 - Ashland City Times
- Sergei Ivanov in International Herald Tribune
Ivanov said that the equipment goes on a standby mode when "the dog doesn't move, if it, say, lies down in a puddle."
- Jancis Robinson in The Canberra Times
...with a loss of interest in the big red wines promoted by the influential US wine critic Robert Parker and discounting duels in big British supermarkets, it has caused interest in Australian wine to evaporate "as rapidly as a puddle in...
- Hines Ward in Washington Post
Those conditions, whew, they were horrendous,Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward said after daylong rain and new sod created awful playing conditions. "The footing was bad, all of a sudden you'd hit a water puddle and sink down. Some of the...