psychosis : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any severe mental disorder in which contact with reality is lost or highly distorted
- Within months, following the death of her ailing father, her psychosis returned.
- This was the 1980s, and those stark this-is-your-brain-on-drugs ads already had me vaguely worried about memory loss and psychosis.
- Since the age of 17, the Los Angeles native has been repeatedly arrested during psychosis for nuisance crimes like disturbing the peace, only to serve his time, fall off his .
News & Articles
- Filipino woman kills husband, child in rage
HINOBAAN, Philippines, June 9 (UPI) -- Police say a woman in the Philippines was undergoing postpartum psychosis when she killed her husband and young son and stabbed her other three children.
June 9, 2013 - UPI
- Kings Mountain man pleads guilty to strangling wife
A Kings Mountain man who was accused of strangling his wife to death pleaded guilty to second-degree murder on Friday. Joe Crosby was described in court as a man who had psychosis that gave him a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde personality. In public, he was a loving father with a fairy tale marriage to his wife Gaylon, and in private, he had a paranoia that led him to kill her. He quietly told the ...
June 7, 2013 - WSOC-TV Charlotte
- William Shatner in SyFyPortal
There is such a sickness there,Shatner said of Takei. "It's so patently obvious that there is a psychosis there. I don't know what his original thing about me was. I have no idea."
- Dhirubhai Ambani in Bloomberg
A fear psychosis is being created to slow down certain projects of national importance,Ambani said. "This will be counter productive for the country's economic growth, its global image as well as our ability to attract investments from...
- Mukesh in Reuters India
This week, Mukesh Ambani said a "fear psychosis is being created to slow down certain projects of national importance" and said industry should be encouraged to make such large investments.