- n a stipulated condition
he accepted subject to one provision
- n the activity of supplying or providing something
- n the cognitive process of thinking about what you will do in the event of something happening
- n a store or supply of something (especially of food or clothing or arms)
- v supply with provisions
- Justin Sullivan Getty A relatively small provision to expand state access to family-planning services under Medicaid was seized on late last week by House Republicans as one of .
- Senators writing a health care overhaul bill on Wednesday rejected a bid to strengthen anti-abortion provisions already in the legislation, in a vote that could have far-reaching .
- There's been a lot of huffing and puffing this week about a provision to expand access to Medicaid-covered family planning services.
News & Articles
- Provision Interactive Announces New 3D Rewards Center
Provision Interactive Technologies, Inc. , a subsidiary of Provision Holding, Inc. today announced its new revolutionary 72-inch tall 3D Reward Centers are now available in the U.S. The new unit will be ...
June 12, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- FBI sharply increases use of Patriot Act provision to collect US citizens' records
The FBI has dramatically increased its use of a controversial provision of the Patriot Act to secretly obtain a vast store of business records of U.S. citizens under President Barack Obama, according to recent Justice Department reports to Congress. The bureau filed 212 requests for such data to a national security court last year – a 1,000-percent increase from the number of such requests four ...
June 11, 2013 - MSNBC
- Ohio Budget Provision Would Let State Collect, Save Images Of Casino Winners
A provision in the Ohio Senate's budget proposal would let the state collect and save camera images of each casino customer who redeems earnings for cash.
June 10, 2013 - WBNS-10TV Columbus
- Samuel Alito in Boston Globe
A provision in the Bill of Rights that protects a right that is fundamental from an American perspective applies equally to the federal government and the states,he wrote.
- Ben Bernanke in The Australian
Although conventional interest rate policy is constrained by the fact that nominal interest rates cannot fall below zero, the second arrow in the Federal Reserve's quiver - the provision of liquidity - remains effective,Mr Bernanke said.
- Fidel Castro in Washington Post
As we have seen, there is now significant danger of such a provision being exploited by politically-motivated organizations or individuals who set out only to grab headlines knowing their case has no realistic chance of a successful... Gordon Brown http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Brown&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNE-PFSKfa_9Cue9zTZuv_tG4sb9AQ Trend News Agency http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.trend.az/regions/world/europe/1650105.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEcSOteDv52uZEWKN7SH5kqPB1YuA Mar 5, 2010
78490 105523 provisionally Castro wrote in his essay published Sunday that after the boxers return to Cuba, they will be transferred provisionally to a guest house and they will be given access to their families. The press will also be able to contact them if it so desires."