- n a firm partly muscular chestnut sized gland in males at the neck of the urethra; produces a viscid secretion that is the fluid part of semen
- a relating to the prostate gland
- In preliminary trials, a potential new drug for advanced prostate cancer has shrunk tumors in the lab and reduced signs of the disease in patients with resistant disease.
- New research shows that prostate screens do little to save lives but remain the first line of defense against cancer.
- A new study adds to the evidence that for older prostate-cancer patients, choosing the conservative,.
News & Articles
- Ark. Prostate Cancer Foundation holds Rockin' Bow Tie Affair
The Arkansas Prostate Cancer Foundation held its Rockin' Bow Tie Affair Thursday night.
June 14, 2013 - KTHV Little Rock
- Calpers chief investment officer has prostate cancer
By Tim Reid LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The chief investment of Calpers, California's state pension fund, is undergoing treatment for prostate cancer, the fund said on Friday. Joseph Dear, 62, has ceded some of his responsibilities as CIO of the California Public Employees' Retirement System to Theodore Eliopoulos, the fund's senior investment officer for real estate. Calpers is America's biggest ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Prostate screening policies differ by doctor
Prostate screening tests detect prostate cancer early, but questions about whether the tests do more harm than good have made them one of the most hotly debated areas of medicine.
June 12, 2013 - La Crosse Tribune
- Rudy Giuliani in Kaiser network.org
In the ad, which began to air on Tuesday in New Hampshire, Giuliani says, "My chance of surviving prostate cancer -- and, thank God, I was cured of it -- in the United States? Eighty-two percent. My chance of surviving prostate cancer in England?...
- Philip Roth in Washington Post
What happened with `American Pastoral' was that I decided to give him (Nathan) prostate cancer,says Roth, interviewed recently at the offices of his agent, Andrew Wylie. "At the time I was thinking about writing the book, it seemed every...
- George Clooney in Seattle Times
(George Clooney, asked why he doesn't have a Facebook page: "I would rather have a prostate exam. On live television. By a guy with very cold hands."