- s owning land or securities as a principal source of revenue
- Hot-headed Patrick ("Liberty or Death") Henry was Virginia's original ''unreconstructed rebel," a Scottish King-hater who swung a verbal sledge on the propertied.
- Ed Frazer, a propertied man, also something of a philanthropist, was vice president of the Moneywasters.
- Large sectors of Philippine society are waiting for tangible relief from poverty, inflation and a political system that remains responsive mainly to a propertied oligarchy.
News & Articles
- Chan Lowe: Supreme Court decision: It's the surreal thing
It’s true that the Founding Fathers were, for the most part, prosperous burghers who weighted the system toward the propertied classes. The Electoral College, for example, while protecting the prerogatives of smaller states, also had the effect of placing a cordon sanitaire between the more numerous uneducated, landless mob and their actual self-rule.
April 6, 2014 - Sun-Sentinel
- Karl Marx in CMAQ
...and a proletarian one that keeps pushing it forward "until all more or less propertied classes have been squeezed out of authority, executive power has been wrested from them by the proletariat, and the associations of proletarians not...