- v cause to move forward with force
- v give an incentive for action
- s tending to or capable of propelling
- It's palpable, but rarely mentioned, like the wire propelling an actor through an action sequence that gets computer-erased in the final print.
- A trader with the look of despair over the economy sent Wall Street plunging again Wednesday, propelling the Dow Jones industrials down 733 points to their second-largest point .
- Strict-target limits on greenhouse gas emissions for 2020 are propelling policymakers to cut consumption of energy and increase renewable generation.
News & Articles
- ARS also will recognize the following Area Senior Research Scientists today:
Frederic T. Barrows , ARS Small Grains and Potato Germplasm Research Unit , Aberdeen, Idaho, for propelling ARS to global prominence in sustainable aquaculture feeds research through his leadership, technical expertise and vision.
June 11, 2013 - Agricultural Research Magazine
- Beavers' Logan pitches 2-hitter; Quakers stymied again
Austin Logan pitches a two-hitter, propelling the Beaver Bobcats into Friday's championship game.
June 11, 2013 - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- Nutrition Day’s last DN hurrah
Harold Soule willed his arms to move faster and scurried down the track at Del Norte High School, a set jaw inches away from the asphalt. His teammates shrieked with delight — they were winning. One by one, Harold’s friends slithered down the track, first hands then feet propelling their scooters. When they finished the scooter relay first, Harold did a version of the popular “Gangnam Style ...
June 11, 2013 - The Daily Triplicate
- Phil Selway in SouthFlorida.com
The key thing in actually propelling it forward was Nigel coming back into the process,said Selway, 41. "The reality when we got in there was it still wasn't good enough. We really had to raise our standards quite a lot."
- Gordon Brown in AFP
I think the people of the world, being outspoken as we've seen in the demonstration today...... they're propelling us as leaders to take the action that is necessary,Brown said after meeting some of the protesters in London.
- Alvaro de Soto in World Socialist Web Site
Regarding Israel, de Soto asks, "I wonder if the Israeli authorities realise that, season after season, they are reaping what they sow, and are systematically pushing along the violence/repression cycle to the point where it is self-propelling."