- a of or relating to the mythical giant Procrustes or the mode of torture practiced by him
- The Porter score has been excised from several disparate musicals and fitted with procrustean zeal to the Barry play.
- That psychic procrustean bed is being splintered by Ferraro's campaign.
- Exceptions to this procrustean rule are rare enough to be newsworthy.
- Vladimir Putin in RIA Novosti
We do not deem it expedient to limit negotiations putting them into a Procrustean bed of a time schedule,Putin told journalists after talks with Spanish Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero.
- Samuel Alito in Boston Globe (registration)
In the case, Alito wrote, the court was "engaging in the sort of procrustean construction which is common for the United States Supreme Court."