- n (theology) the origination of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost
the doctrine of the procession of the Holy Spirit from the Father and the Son
- n the group action of a collection of people or animals or vehicles moving ahead in more or less regular formation
processions were forbidden
- n the act of moving forward (as toward a goal)
- As the procession advancedso legend saysthe earth stopped quaking.
- After 3 hours, the procession reached the top of a hill overlooking Ankarathe modern city built by Ataturkand stopped before a square-pillared mausoleum, set in a 148-acre .
- Elephants head for a wedding procession through a busy street in India.
News & Articles
- Funeral, Procession Planned for Elk Grove Soldier Killed in Afghanistan
ELK GROVE— Specialist Ray Ramirez, who was killed while serving in Afghanistan earlier in June, will be laid to rest after a funeral and procession scheduled for Friday. The Department of Defense says Ramirez, a Florin High School graduate, died …
June 13, 2013 - FOX40 Sacramento
- In Ramsey, family and allies pay tribute to fallen Marine's 'life and service'
Procession held on Main Street
June 13, 2013 - The Record
- PHOTOS: St. Francis Day Celebration parades through Ambler
The St. Francis Society paid tribute to the patron saint of Maida, Italy, with its annual festival and procession through the streets of Ambler June 9.
June 13, 2013 - The Ambler Gazette
- Qaiser Abbas in News & Observer (registration)
The procession is not something that could be curbed through fear of death,said Qaiser Abbas Zaidi, a retired civil servant in Rawalpindi. "People are slashing their heads with knifes and beating their chests in mourning. It means they are...
- Ghulam Muhammad in TIME
We have informed Ms. Bhutto and her team of the situation and advised them to cut short the program instead of going for a 18-20 hours-long procession as this would be tantamount to inviting trouble,Ghulam Muhammad Mohtarem said.
- Edward Leigh in BBC News
The committee's chairman, Conservative MP Edward Leigh, said: "This committee has become inured to the dismal procession of government IT failures which have passed before us, but even we were surprised by the extent of the failure of C-NOMIS, the...