- v question or examine thoroughly and closely
- v examine physically with or as if with a probe
- s diligent and thorough in inquiry or investigation
a probing inquiry
- Scientists Thinkers Whether by harnessing the power of the Internet or probing the mysteries of the mind, they have come up with the big ideas of our time.
- Even before testifying last week for the fourth time before a grand jury probing the leak of CIA operative Valerie Plame's identity, Bush senior adviser Rove and others at the .
- Viennese police say they're not probing the possibility of attempted murder; press reports had speculated a "jealous rival" could have had a hand in Hoevels' injury.
News & Articles
- Politician seeks answers on Weiner wife Huma Abedin's private consulting gig
WASHINGTON — One of the Senate’s most aggressive investigators is probing longtime Hillary Rodham Clinton aide Huma Abedin’s employment status, asking how she got a sweetheart deal to be a private six-figure consultant while still serving as a top State Department official. Abedin, one of Clinton’s most loyal...
June 15, 2013 - New York Post
- Congress panel widens probe of IRS 'Tea Party' scrutiny
By Kim Dixon WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Congressional investigators probing the U.S. Internal Revenue Service's scrutiny of conservative political groups will interview a key Washington IRS official on Friday and want to speak with as many as 20 more people, sources told Reuters on Thursday. IRS lawyer Carter Hull will be deposed by congressional lawyers on Friday, said sources close to the ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- UK's FCA Probing Alleged FX Rate-Rigging
UK's FCA Probing Alleged FX Rate-Rigging
June 12, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Jerry Brown in FOXNews
But Brown said he reached a different conclusion "upon further reflection and a deeper probing into all the aspects of our Constitution. It became evident that the Article 1 provision guaranteeing basic liberty, which includes the right to marry,...
- Condoleezza Rice in Forbes
He quoted Rice as saying she wanted Kennedy's assessment to "be 360 (degrees), to be serious, and to be really probing."
- Arlen Specter in USA Today
Tim will be sorely missed because his years as Senate staffer and probing TV journalist gave him special insights on political and governmental issues,said Sen. Arlen Specter, R-Pa. "Had he chosen law as a career, his cross-examination...