pristine : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s completely free from dirt or contamination
pristine mountain snow
- s immaculately clean and unused
handed her his pristine white handkerchief
- We lived in a remote part of the state and my life mainly comprised mostly of camping, hunting and fishing in a pristine environment.
- It is a moronic idea to turn pristine wilderness into ecotourism spots for isn't ecotourism itself an oxymoron?
- It is said that less than 4% of our oceans have been left pristine by the human race.
News & Articles
- Torn Superman Comic Sells Online for $175,000
So you've got a less than pristine comic book in your collection? Perhaps there's a giant rip in its cover? Don't despair; it may still be worth something. Indeed, if it happens to be one of the world's oldest and most sought-after comics, it could still be worth six figures. A copy of Action Comics #1 from 1938, the very first comic book to feature Superman , went under the hammer this week on ...
June 12, 2013 - Mashable
- Today's Dumbass: Drunk Guy Drives Truck Into Pacific Ocean
Photo via KTLA The upside of living in Hawaii is that you're surrounded by pristine coastline. This can also be the downside, if you're a dumbass. According to police, 38-year-old Kauai resident Norman Akana Jr. was hammered behind the wheel of his Ford F-150 Saturday at 4pm. Visibility must've been poor along Lydgate Beach that [...]
June 12, 2013 - MTV
- Watch This Heart-Stopping Time-Lapse Film of Everest’s ‘Death Zone’ (VIDEO)
Mount Everest has been making news this year, but for the most unfortunate reasons. Ice and snow cover are depleting at startling pace, and the proliferation of climbers is turning a once pristine landscape into one that’s comparatively congested.
June 12, 2013 - Takepart.com via Yahoo! News
- Scott Boras in International Herald Tribune
In the marketplace there have been three-year deals given for guys that have had substantial injury histories,Boras said. "Zito has pristine durability. He's never missed a start."
- James Connaughton in ESPN
The idea of the act was to preserve what James Connaughton, chair of the White House Council on Environmental Quality, described to the AP as two of "the last pristine areas in the marine environment on Earth."
- Xu Xing in International Herald Tribune
Without the correct environmental conditions, these fossils would not have been found in nearly pristine condition - uncrushed or worn down,said Xu, who was not involved with the project.