- n the quality of being appealing in a delicate or graceful way (of a girl or young woman)
- Linda Manz, the tough little New York City street kid whose scarred face and back-alley accent gave a saving balance to the prettiness of Terrence Malick's Days of Heaven, is .
- Pat Metheny Trio, "Live" The preeminent jazz guitarist of his generation avoids the impression of almost fussy prettiness that has sometimes crept into his studio albums by .
- It sounds like a joke at first, but "Deep Water" gives Beth Gibbons the chance to sing her wounded heart out and create a little island of prettiness that blooms into more .
News & Articles
- ‘Afternoon Delight’ fails to hit the sweet spot
The 24-year-old British actress Juno Temple is blessed with the prettiness of a 1930s chorus girl. Unfortunately, her dainty looks seem to get her parts like “Afternoon Delight,” where she’s a stripper who becomes the houseguest of unappealing marrieds Rachel (Kathryn Hahn) and Jeff (Josh Radnor). Rachel and Jeff...
Aug. 30, 2013 - New York Post
- Simon Schama in Richmond Times Dispatch
This is not a series about things that hang on walls; it is not about decor or prettiness,Schama says. "It is a series about the force, the need, the passion of art."
- Derek Lowe in Boston Globe
I think we're beyond the prettiness of my numbers,Lowe said. "They're going to be pretty much not looking good for a long time, so the bottom line is, win. And not having won for so long, it's good to get one under your belt."
- Chris Lowery in The Southern
Now, it's time for some prettiness,Lowery said. "It's time for some shiny things, so our kids can enjoy those types of things."