- v increase the pressure on a gas or liquid
- v maintain a certain pressure
- v increase the pressure in or of
- LK Advani in Thaindian.com (blog)
...bring the perpetrators of the "terror war" in Mumbai to justice. "We are trying to pressurise Pakistan by moving the UNSC. But we should not forget our experience in terms of Kashmir. We should take whatever action we can take on our own...
- Mohammad Yousuf in Times of India
Australia always play tough cricket on the field and at times they try to pressurise their opponents with their banter and sledging habits. But we are prepared for this treatment and I have told the boys to be prepared to face this pressure,...
- Morgan Tsvangirai in Reuters South Africa
Tsvangirai told US-based NPR that the Southern African Development Community should work to ensure the election "is postponed and conducted under SADC (standards) or to pressurise Mugabe to concede that in the first round he has lost the election...