- n payment for insurance
- n the amount that something in scarce supply is valued above its nominal value
they paid a premium for access to water
- n a fee charged for exchanging currencies
- n a prize, bonus, or award given as an inducement to purchase products, enter competitions initiated by business interests, etc.
they encouraged customers with a premium for loyal patronage
- n payment or reward (especially from a government) for acts such as catching criminals or killing predatory animals or enlisting in the military
- s having or reflecting superior quality or value
premium gasoline at a premium price
- And a lower monthly premium tends to come with a higher annual deductible.
- The premium line is vital to Beretta's appeal, and artisanal engraving is part of the essence of the guns.
- Many of the cards with premium fees come with some spectacular benefits, but these perks are only worth it if they are used and valued by the cardholder.
News & Articles
- Gold Premium in Vietnam Seen Dropping After June as Demand Eases
The premium paid by gold buyers in Vietnam, the largest user in Southeast Asia after Thailand, will extend declines from a record after banks complete the return of bullion deposits to investors this month.
June 12, 2013 - Bloomberg
- AllianzGI International & Premium Strategy Fund (NAI) Ex-Dividend Date Scheduled for June 13, 2013
AllianzGI International & Premium Strategy Fund (NAI) Ex-Dividend Date Scheduled for June 13, 2013
June 12, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Toshiba Outfits Premium Satellite Laptops with 4th Generation Intel Core Processors and Intros ...
Completely Redesigned Premium Laptops Up to 25 Percent Thinner Than Previous Models Plus Great Entertainment Capabilities and Battery Life IRVINE, Calif. -- Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today unveiled its completely redesigned version of its premium lines of Satellite(R) P Series and S Series laptops with the latest quad ...
June 11, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Steve Ballmer in VNUNet.com
The substantial premium reflected in our initial proposal anticipated a friendly transaction with you,wrote Ballmer. "If we are forced to take an offer directly to your shareholders, that action will have an undesirable impact on the value...
- Carl Icahn in Sydney Morning Herald
It is unconscionable that you have not allowed your shareholders to choose to accept an offer that represented a 72 percent premium over Yahoo's closing price of 19.18 US dollars on the day before the initial Microsoft offer,Icahn said in the...
- Ulrich Bez in Autocar
Like other premium car brands, Aston Martin has been forced to take action to respond to the unprecedented downturn in the global economy,said CEO Ulrich Bez. "These are regrettable but necessary measures in the extraordinary market...