- n a strong liking
my own preference is for good literature
- n a predisposition in favor of something
his sexual preferences
- n the right or chance to choose
- n grant of favor or advantage to one over another (especially to a country or countries in matters of international trade, such as levying duties)
- My preference obviously would be to capture or kill him.
- Forget genre, forget sexual preference: this is a masterpiece about two people who live in the same house but different worlds, and the mysterious blood debts they owe each other.
- And this preference has an evolutionary advantage behind it.
News & Articles
- Comcast X2 entertainment platform unveiled with preference-learning “experience”
Comcast has announced the next generation of the Comcast X1, its entertainment platform. According to the provider, this new version offers a “personalized experience” that not only allows users to customize their dashboard, but also keeps an eye on the user’s preferences and uses that information to adapt. The platform will be rolling out to Read The Full Story
June 12, 2013 - SlashGear
- How TSA’s Groping Softened Us Up for NSA’s Snooping
One answer, of course, is, why choose? In today’s America you can have both. But my preference is the latter, and not only because the TSA Genitalia-Inspection Service has been doing its business on me (and you, too!) for years now and I’ve grown used to it in the way that Americans too-readily accept indignities foisted on them by large institutions, including, but not limited to, the Internal ...
June 11, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Aspen Insurance Holdings Perpetual Non-Cumulative Preference Shares Ex-Dividend Reminder
On 6/12/13, Aspen Insurance Holdings Ltd's 7.250% Perpetual Non-Cumulative Preference Shares (NYSE: AHL.PRB) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.4531, payable on 7/1/13. As a percentage of AHL.PRB's recent share price of $26.89, this dividend works out to approximately 1.69%, so look for shares of AHL.PRB to trade 1.69% lower — all else being equal — when AHL.PRB shares open ...
June 10, 2013 - Forbes
- David Stern in AFP
We're troubled by it, because it would be our preference that healthy players play,Stern said on his annual pre-playoffs conference call. "But sometimes players play at different levels of being nicked or bruised and we never wanted to get...
- Dana Perino in San Diego Union Tribune
Perino said the "president of the United States should never take options off the table, but our preference and our actions for dealing with this matter remain through peaceful diplomatic means. Nothing has changed in that regard."
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg in Newsday
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, speaking for the liberal dissenters, said it was understandable the white firefighters would "attract the court's empathy. But they had no vested right to a promotion, and no person has received a promotion in preference...