- n a chief officer or chief magistrate
the prefect of Paris police
- He is charged, among other things, with having ordered 90 murders, including the 1982 slaying of General Alberto Dalla Chiesa, the former prefect of Palermo.
- He is prefect for the Congregation of Bishops and dean of the College of Cardinals.
- Giovanni Mercati is now its prefect, Eugene Tisserant its pro-prefect.
- Brett Lee in Cricket365 News
That was probably the hardest thing I had to go through early on in my career when someone said my action wasn't prefect and they did question my action,Lee added. "Those first couple of nights where you get questioned, they question your...
- Marc Ouellet in CTV.ca
I welcome my appointment as prefect of the congregation for the bishops with gratitude, but also with a sense of fear in front of this huge responsibility,Ouellet said in English. "I am glad to serve the Holy Father in this capacity, and...
- Roger Federer in Times of India
That was the prefect start for me as it was difficult stretching over two days and I had never played against him before,Federer said.