- n a high bid that is intended to prevent the opposing players from bidding
- So we will have to act to pre-empt it this time, in Iraq and elsewhere, or it will be too late to resist it at all.
- There is growing speculation in the military that Bush will try to pre-empt the Petraeus testimony by announcing a gradual drawdown from 20 to 15 combat brigades later this summer.
- He ambushed lawmakers last month with the early public unveiling of his 2010 budget proposal, which had been drafted in secret to pre-empt resistance from the defense contractors in .
News & Articles
- Programming Note: Rebroadcasting pre-empted shows
Due to the constant coverage of the Black Forest and Royal Gorge Fires, FOX21 News has had to pre-empt several shows. As we are starting to go back to regularly scheduled programming, we are also working toward rebroadcasting previously scheduled programs.
June 15, 2013 - FOX21 Colorado Springs
- Okla. wins regional water rights case
WASHINGTON, June 13 (UPI) -- The U.S. Supreme Court ruled unanimously Thursday a regional water compact does not pre-empt Oklahoma water statutes.
June 13, 2013 - UPI
- In ‘open letter,’ Gomez invites prez to stop by
GOP Senate candidate Gabriel E. Gomez sought to pre-empt President Obama’s campaign rally for Democrat Edward J. Markey in Boston today, posting an online “open letter” to Obama last night that touts his own willingness to cross the aisle and calls on the president to demonstrate his bipartisanship by meeting him in Chelsea.
June 12, 2013 - Boston Herald
- JK Rowling in New York Times
In a statement released by Warner Brothers, Ms. Rowling said she could not "approve of 'companion books' or 'encyclopedias' that seek to pre-empt my definitive Potter reference book for their authors' own personal gain."
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in UPI.com
I can't prejudge or pre-empt what the outcome of our discussions will be, except to say that this strategic dialogue is at the highest level we've ever had between our two countries. We are very committed to it,Clinton said on Express TV.
- John Roberts in NewsOK.com (registration)
The president may not "establish binding rules of decision that pre-empt contrary state law," Roberts said.