- n someone with a habitually sullen or gloomy expression
- n one of a breed of pigeon that enlarge their crop until their breast is puffed out
- Last week Chief of German Police Heinrich Himmler was proud as a pouter pigeon.
- The son of a wholesale grocery salesman, Chesty Pullerhe always walked with his chest up and out, like a pouter pigeon on paradespent only a year at Virginia Military .
- With her small hands and feet, widely admired bosom and spikelike false eyelashes, Suzy has the look of a pouter pigeon.
- Joe Bugel in Dateline Alabama
Losing is not a tonic for him,Bugel said. "He's here 24 hours a day. I see what he's going through, but there's no stopping him. He's not a pouter; he's not a complainer. His whole theory is this: 'Let's work a little bit harder, Buges....