- a no longer communist; subsequent to being communistic
the bank announced its first loan to a post-communist country
- The last major post-communist brewery is still in state hands for now.
- Russia's voters appear to have more realistic expectations of the post-communist era than many American commentators.
- The post-communist left has now failed to win in two successive votes.
News & Articles
- Golden Prague: Formerly gray Soviet bloc state has been liberated
John J. Metzler PRAGUE — Arriving in Prague’s Vaclav Havel airport, one is immediately swept into the present; not just a refurbished terminal but a new look where people actually smile, immigration officials don’t grimace, and police speed about on segways. The post-communist transformation emerges wider in driving from the airport into Prague. This former [...]
June 28, 2013 - World Tribune
- Albanian premier concedes election defeat
TIRANA, Albania (AP) — The conservative prime minister who has dominated post-communist politics in Albania conceded election defeat late Wednesday, taking personal responsibility for the heavy loss to the rival Socialists after losing the support of fed-up voters.
June 26, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Mirek Topolanek in Tehran Times
All post-communist countries and other small countries in Europe...... relied on us to handle the presidency well,Topolanek, whose cabinet was toppled by a no-confidence vote on March 24, told Saturday's edition of the DNES daily.
- Mikhail Saakashvili in AFP
This is a big change not only in the energy policy of Europe but I think also in wider geopolitics, in the wider configuration of the post-Soviet and post-communist space,Saakashvili said.
- Ratu Epeli Nailatikau in fijilive.com (registration)
As a result of the opening of the country in the post-communist era, Albania is now undergoing a development boom as its telecommunications, transport and utilities infrastructure is being revamped,Ratu Epeli said.