- n nocturnal arboreal marsupial having a naked prehensile tail found from southern North America to northern South America
- n small furry Australian arboreal marsupials having long usually prehensile tails
- German-born Psychiatrist Hans Lowenbach of Duke University was puzzled for a moment when a colleague complained that one of his patients was "playing possum.
- The word was possum, preceded by a grunt, hence the opossum.
- But Stassen knew that wearing a bronzed possum was safer than hitting the stump with a naked scalp.
News & Articles
- Randy Travis Releases Heartfelt Tribute to George Jones
Randy Travis has released “Tonight I’m Playin’ Possum,” a heartfelt tribute to the late George Jones. Recorded by Randy and Joe Nichols, it is the first single from Randy’s new album, expected to be released this fall. The track is available on iTunes. “It was an honor when I received a request to record this [...]
June 13, 2013 - Great American Country
- WEEKEND IN BOULDER: Don't hide that love of booze
Last weekend, a former roommate and awesome-ma-possum friend came back to Colorado. (Where she belongs. Florida is lame.) So we decided we needed some classic Boulder time.And so it began.
June 13, 2013 - Colorado Daily
- Possum Trot Golf Course conducting controlled burn
Possum Trot Golf Course is doing a controlled burn that may last into the evening.
June 12, 2013 - WPDE Myrtle Beach - Florence
- Tony Kornheiser in Newsday
I think he's playing possum,Kornheiser said of the defending champion.
- Michael Cammalleri in CBC.ca
I guess we played possum a little bit, but you don't want to do that,said Cammalleri. "I don't think we were great tonight, and I don't think they'd be happy with their game either. So I think we'll just stick with the positive - we won...
- Mills Lane in Herald Sun
Lane said later: "In the third round, he got in close, and then seemed frustrated, and then he just backed off and put his arms down. I thought he was playing possum but then I saw his lips started to quiver and I thought, 'My God, is he losing it?...