- n an elementary particle with positive charge; interaction of a positron and an electron results in annihilation
- A positron (the antiparticle associated with the electron) can be considered to be an electron going backward in time.
- Davidson's tools are the new technologies of brain science: quantitative electrophysiology, positron emission tomography and functional magnetic resonance imaging.
- In medicine, accelerator technology is used in advanced imaging techniques like positron emission tomography for brain scans and in radiotherapy for cancer treatment.
News & Articles
- Breast cancer: PET and MR predict chemotherapy's ability to prolong life
( Society of Nuclear Medicine ) For patients with advanced breast cancer, positron emission tomography and magnetic resonance imaging can improve quality of life and survival by providing physicians with information on the effectiveness of chemotherapy prior to surgery, say researchers presenting at the 2013 Annual Meeting of the Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging.
June 11, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- PET/MR effective for imaging recurrent prostate cancer
( Society of Nuclear Medicine ) A relatively new imaging system that simultaneously combines positron emission tomography and magnetic resonance demonstrates a higher capacity for mapping recurrent prostate cancer than the already high standard of integrated PET and computed tomography, say researchers presenting a study at the Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging's 2013 Annual ...
June 11, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Positron Retains Investment Banking Firm Covington Associates To Lead Financing Of Cyclotron Project
CHICAGO, June 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Positron Corporation (OTCBB:POSC), a nuclear medicine healthcare company, announces today that it has retained Covington Associates, LLC ("Covington"), as ...
June 7, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Alex Filippenko in Science Daily (press release)
The central part of the huge star had fused to oxygen near the end of its life, and was very hot,Filippenko explains. "Then the most energetic photons of light turned into electron-positron pairs, robbing the core of pressure and causing...
- George Kalmus in Innovations-Report
I was there, two years back, I was in the exact spot where they are doing the experiment. I have seen the facility and what they are trying to do, they want to split the particles, you know, the ions and positron and this is going to give us how we... APJ Abdul Kalam http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdul_Kalam&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHgJbAtlxEpQ-ou-4pw89wqp_Zf7g Oneindia http://www.google.com/url?q=http://living.oneindia.in/insync/2008/big-bang-experiment-110908.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEKOLb5l6DihsXAJ_jZlN7C51Qd7w Sep 11, 2008
76267 103034 positron The superconducting technology uses L-band (1.3 GHz) radio frequency power for accelerating the electron and positron beams in the two opposing linear accelerators that make up the collider," Kalmus said. "The notable feature of this machine...