- n a republic in southwestern Europe on the Iberian Peninsula; Portuguese explorers and colonists in the 15th and 16th centuries created a vast overseas empire (including Brazil)
News & Articles
- Portugal. The Man Announce Fall Tour Leg Recap
Portugal. The Man will be on tour all summer long and have announced that they will continue on the road this fall with a new North American tour leg
June 15, 2013 - antiMUSIC
- Concert Review: Portugal. The Man at House of Blues
Although Portugal. The Man was originally formed as a side project for lead vocalist and guitarist John Baldwin Gourley, the band has risen to prominence in the experimental rock scene.
June 15, 2013 - Cleveland Scene
- Portugal settles with JP Morgan over hedging contracts
LISBON (Reuters) - Portugal has reached an agreement with JP Morgan in a row over costly interest rate hedging contracts sold to state companies, the finance ministry said on Wednesday. The dispute, during which both sides threatened legal action at one point, stems from complex hedging products sold by various banks to companies such as the Lisbon and Porto metro operators. The government has ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Vicente del Bosque in Goal.com
If he's [Torres] played the first five games, it's because we believe he is in good physical shape,he added. "We will be halfway there if we defend like we did against Portugal and Germany."
- Didier Drogba in The Canadian Press
But I think we can be proud of what we did against Portugal and against Brazil - even if we lost - and today. It was difficult for us to go through, and I think the FIFA rankings have been respected,Drogba said. "We are disappointed, but...
- Kim Jong Il in The Press Association
Tactically speaking we fell apart and we didn't block their attacks,he said. "As a coach it was my fault for not playing the right strategy and that is why we conceded a lot of goals. Portugal became more aggressive as the game continued...