- n a small light typewriter; usually with a case in which it can be carried
- a easily or conveniently transported
a portable television set
- s of a motor designed to be attached to the outside of a boat's hull
a portable outboard motor
- Keeping Ashley smaller and more portable, the doctors argue, has medical as well as emotional benefits: more movement means better circulation, digestion and muscle condition, and .
- Donelan's device is perhaps the most promising in a class of products that harvest energy all the more important at a time when portable tech, from Blackberries to iPods, is .
- Los Angeles, one of the most auto-clogged cities in the world, is trying a new solution for its traffic trauma: a portable parking lot.
- John Kerry in National Review Online
I believe that the best way to help small businesses and employers afford health care is not to increase government control of health care but to bring the rising cost of care under control and give people the option of having personal, portable... John McCain http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCain&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEhauRSvpu74c5JI21AhXVu-x_kmQ Los Angeles Times http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/politics/wire/sns-ap-candidates-economy,1,4865071.story&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH2O1Y5hXA23-QQLF_EkWxtKFx06w Apr 4, 2008
76135 102923 portable On April 12, 1971, Kerry told the US Congress that American soldiers claimed to him that they had, raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned on the power, cut off limbs, blew up bodies,...
- Joseph De Sylva in Ottawa Citizen
Technology has dramatically changed how we gather the news around the world. Because our reporters can now shoot and produce their own stories, travel with more portable gear, and transmit material from anywhere, we can report more stories from... David Westin http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Westin&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGWaFDz25Wv9v-AccbRmbJQE42WDw mediabistro.com (blog) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlny/tv/abc_news_overseas_scheme_68273.asp&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEaewcztjylGaNvLDysM9LGiynpKw Oct 3, 2007
76137 102928 portage My family had a house on Wellington Street, and I remember how lively it was there," Councillor Joseph De Sylva said. "But the government buildings killed centretown, and all the stores on Boulevard du Portage moved to Les Galleries de Hull....