- n a structure attached to the exterior of a building often forming a covered entrance
- All Harry Truman wanted was a back porcha cool place where he could sit of an evening, as he used to back in Independence, listening to the whir of the sprinkler on the lawn and .
- One night, while Martin was at a mass rally, I was at home with a friend and our first child, two-month-old Yolanda, when a bomb hit our front porch and exploded," Coretta recalled.
- On the front porch of the church is a thin John the Disciple carved on the median jamb of the red double doors.
News & Articles
- Law and Order: Jackson Street resident accused of stealing from Pringle Avenue porch
Ryan D. Shumway , 33, of 104 Jackson St., rear, Batavia, is charged with petit larceny and criminal possession of stolen property, 5th. Shumway was arrested following an investigation by Officer Arick Perkins and Sgt. Dan Coffey into a theft reported Monday of an item from the porch of a residence on Pringle Avenue. Jacob T. Bell , 21, of 205 Washington Ave., lower, Batavia, is charged with ...
June 13, 2013 - The Batavian
- Patterson, Porch inducted
Larry 'Pod' Patterson and Kim Porch, below, chat during the Marshall County Sports Hall of Fame induction last weekend at the Lake Guntersville State Park lodge. The two Arab men were among the nine inductees of the class of 2013. Approximately 225 people attended the event.
June 12, 2013 - The Arab Tribune
- Hampton History Museum's Front Porch Series continues with M.S.G., Jackass Flats, Myra Smith
The Hampton History Museum will extend its Front Porch Music Series into the fall with performances by M.S.G -- The Acoustic Blues Trio , Jackass Flats and the Myra Smith Experience , among others.
June 12, 2013 - Daily Press
- Lauren Nelson in Forbes
The story was that they knew I was 14, and I told them I was cutting school to meet with them,Nelson said. "I stood outside on the porch, and I would say, 'Hi' to them and wave them inside."
- Michael Lopez-Alegria in Boston Globe
Waiting at the space station for his visitors to arrive on Monday, US astronaut Michael Lopez-Alegria told Mission Control, "We're going to head out and turn our porch light on so they can find us."
- President Bush in Sydney Morning Herald
Bush said to victims that "when you sit on the steps of a porch where a home once stood or sleep on a cot in a crowded shelter, it is hard to imagine a bright future. But that future will come."