- n a member of the Siouan people of the Missouri river valley in northeastern Nebraska
- n the Dhegiha dialect spoken by the Ponca
News & Articles
- Ponca, Erbie Horsecamp facilities reopen
The Buffalo National River has reopened the Ponca restrooms and the Erbie Horsecamp.
June 13, 2013 - The Springfield News-Leader
- Ponca City woman injured in crash
A Ponca City woman was injured in a motorcycle accident Thursday in rural Osage County, according to reports from the Oklahoma Highway Patrol. The accident reportedly occurred at around 3 p.m. June 6 on State Highway 11 about two-tenths of a mile south of County Road 4579.
June 9, 2013 - Bartlesville Examiner-Enterprise
- Ponca City man dies in crash
A Ponca City man was killed Friday in a two-vehicle accident in Osage County. Andrew Carson Ancell, 44, died at the scene of head, arm, trunk and leg injuries, according to an Oklahoma Highway Patrol report.
June 8, 2013 - The Enid News & Eagle
- Jon Bruning in Beatrice Daily Sun
Nebraskans have repeatedly said no to casino gambling in our state,Attorney General Jon Bruning said Wednesday. "The Ponca Tribe shouldn't be able to circumvent voters' wishes."
- Jane Morris in Journal Record (subscription)
Ponca City is shooting for tourists,said Morris. "We just realized we have some opportunities here."
- Sam Farha in Bloomberg
We view the announcement as an incremental positive,Farha Aslam, an analyst at Stephens Inc., said in a report today. "The closure of the Ponca City plant should help improve capacity utilization in other plants and reduce the need to bid...