- n a medical instrument that records several physiological processes simultaneously (e.g., pulse rate and blood pressure and respiration and perspiration)
- Critics of the polygraph, which measures pulse rate, blood pressure, breathing patterns and perspiration, contend that it is most apt to be wrong in random screening where the .
- His department was the first to use blood, fiber and soil analysis in detection (1907); the first to use the lie detector (a Berkeley cop collaborated in inventing the polygraph .
- Reliability aside, polygraph opponents argue that forcing employees to take lie-detector tests is unfair and degrading.
News & Articles
- Jose Canseco Cleared of Sexual Assault, Looks to Sell Polygraph Results
According to a report from the Associated Press (via ESPN ), Jose Canseco was cleared of charges pressed against him by the Las Vegas Police Department on a rape case filed by a defendant who will remain nameless. In related news, Canseco is now offering to sell the results of his polygraph test taken following the allegations that he was involved in the sexual assault claim. He posted that ...
June 7, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Judge denies polygraph results at ND drug trial
BISMARCK - A judge won't allow results from polygraph tests in the trial of the owner, manager and eight employees of a Bismarck skate shop who are accused of selling illegal synthetic drugs.
June 6, 2013 - The Fargo Forum
- Judge denies polygraph results at North Dakota drug trial
BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) - A judge won't allow results from polygraph tests in the trial of the owner, manager and eight employees of a Bismarck skate shop who are accused of selling illegal synthetic drugs.
June 6, 2013 - WDAY 6 Fargo
- Jose Canseco in NBC San Diego
I want to challenge him on national TV to a polygraph examination,Canseco tells Waddle & Silvy. "I want to see him call me a liar under a polygraph examination."
- Julia Gillard in Sydney Morning Herald
I'm happy to do whatever you would like,Ms Gillard responded. "If you'd like me to pledge to resign, to sign a contract in blood, take a polygraph, bet my house on it, give you my mother as a hostage, whatever you like. We will be...
- Tan Le in AFP
It certainly could be used as a very accurate polygraph,Le said. "If you have seen something before, there is no hiding it. There is brain recognition."