- a marked by artful prudence, expedience, and shrewdness
it is neither polite nor politic to get into other people's quarrels
a politic decision
a politic manager
a politic old scoundrel
a shrewd and politic reply
- s smoothly agreeable and courteous with a degree of sophistication
he was too politic to quarrel with so important a personage
- Armstrong has hinted at a future in politics.
- In opposing Bush's hard-line policy, the Democratic candidate has challenged a golden rule of Florida politics.
- A one-stop shop for the latest political happenings at any hour of the day.
News & Articles
- Stephan Richter: Obama's Cardinal Sin
President Carter had the right ideas, but was brutally stomped out by an elitist body politic that felt threatened by his election to office. Mr. Obama is different. He neither has Carter's principles nor his plain-folk thinking, although Obama does an excellent job, far better than Carter ever could, articulating them.
June 11, 2013 - The Huffington Post
- Letters to the editor
Posted: Thursday, June 11, 1998 12:00 am | Updated: 5:20 pm, Fri Dec 16, 2011. Keep citizens informed of actionsIn my May issue of "The Minstrel Politic," I cast a questioning light on the Economic Development Corporation in Grand Island.
June 11, 2013 - Grand Island Independent
- “The Unwinding”: the corrosive currents of recent U.S. history
In “The Unwinding,” New Yorker writer George Packer chronicles the last five years of American history, as recession and political paralysis have eroded faith in the future.
June 9, 2013 - Seattle Times
- Mel Martinez in Guardian Unlimited
I believe that until another election occurs, or until something happens in the body politic, that what occurred today was fairly final,said Sen. Mel Martinez, R-Fla., the GOP chairman.
- Ashraf Qazi in Reuters
No country could tolerate such a cancer in its body politic,Qazi said in a statement, calling on politicians and the people to show sincere determination to save Iraq.
- Barack Obama in Forbes
We're not here to politic,Obama told supporters gathered at the park. "I'm going to go body surfing at an undisclosed location. I'm going to see my tutu, my grandmother. I'm going to watch my girls play on the beach."