poking : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a sharp hand gesture (resembling a blow)
- v poke or thrust abruptly
- v search or inquire in a meddlesome way
- v stir by poking
- v hit hard with the hand, fist, or some heavy instrument
- v make a hole by poking
- Chances are, you won't be poking through the stacks at the National Archives any time soon.
- The Republican nominee's advisers brush off the charges, arguing that the spot was meant to be a "creative" and "humorous" way of poking fun at Obama's popularity by painting him as .
- If Kerry can sometimes sound like a scold, Weld always seems on the verge of poking fun.
News & Articles
- Ads parodying CAA appear by their offices at Century City Mall
Someone in Hollywood with a sense of humor is poking fun at power agency CAA. A series of ads and posters with the agency’s...
June 12, 2013 - New York Post
- Best Places For Laser Hair Removal In Chicago
We love the cascading curls or stick-straight beauty of the hair on our heads, but those wiry ones poking out of the chin or upper lip area - not so much. Zap it off at these Chicago laser hair removal offices.
June 11, 2013 - CBS Chicago
- Dead in France
Rent It Director: Kris McManus Starring: Brian A. Levine, Celia Muir, Darren Bransford Year: 2012 As a filmmaker, if you're going to create a spoof you had better make it near perfect. First, you have got to know the genre that you're poking fun at inside and out. Second, you've got to make it funny but not stupid. And third, you better not bore us with the details. Audiences have a certain ...
June 11, 2013 - DVD Talk
- Dana Perino in Reuters UK
We in no way want to stir the pot and make China feel that we are poking a stick in their eye, to a country that we have ...... a good relationship on a variety of issues,White House spokeswoman Dana Perino said.
- Sharon Osbourne in New York Daily News
Susan Boyle is a lovely gracious woman and I took advantage of that by poking fun at her,Osbourne, 57, wrote. "I would never want to be responsible for hurting Susan and I must apologize for getting a cheap laugh at her expense."
- Vladimir Putin in Reuters South Africa
Putin, drawing on resurgent nationalist sentiment ahead of Sunday's poll, said Russia must maintain its defences to discourage others from "poking their snotty noses" in its affairs.