- n organized persecution of an ethnic group (especially Jews)
- PITT: What's a pogrom? It's an anti-Jewish riot.
- Only after four days and the calling in of the army did the brutal pogrom cease.
- The war on terror and the 1998-2004 rule of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on a Hindu nationalist agenda which also stoked a Hindu pogrom in Gujarat in 2002 in which 2,000 .
- Gurbax Malhi in Times of India
In his own statement in parliament June 9, Malhi had said, "In November 1984, an anti-Sikh pogrom of violence, rapes and killings took place in New Delhi and many other Indian cities, resulting in the deaths of thousands more. In June 1985, Air...
- Ehud Olmert in Reuters
We are a people whose historical ethos is built on the memory of pogroms,Olmert told his cabinet, according to a statement. "The sight of Jews standing with guns and shooting at innocent Palestinian civilians can only be called a pogrom."
- David Irving in Jerusalem Post
Why have [the Jews] been so hated for the last 3,000 years, that there has been pogrom after pogrom in country after country. It's the one question they have been shy of,Irving added.