- v mark with a scar
- s used of paved surfaces having holes or pits
- s marked by or as if by smallpox or acne or other eruptive skin disease
- The long-range verbal combat between the President and the House Armed Services Committee over the Administration's defense reorganization plan rattled into a third, shell-pocked .
- Most of the windows don't roll down; the passenger-side door opens only from the outside; and the paint is pocked with rust.
- While Germans and Russians were booting each other to death in the bomb-pocked streets, Stalin was organizing the winter offensive which burst into the Don basin with the fury of .
News & Articles
- Unpaved roads continue to plague Spokane neighborhoods
It's a problem that plagues all corners of Spokane: Unpaved roads. The pocked pathways can do significant damage to cars, too, but the city won't touch them without a little cooperation from neighbors.
June 11, 2013 - KXLY-TV Spokane
- Alex Haley in American Chronicle
In his book about Malcolm X, "The Autobiography of Malcolm X," Alex Haley wrote: "Sister Betty came through the people, herself a nurse, and those recognizing her moved back. She fell on her knees, looking down at his bare, bullet pocked chest,...
- Ben Brantley in Washington Post
The fragmented, pause-pocked dialogue that Mr. McPherson uses here is nearly as difficult to nail as that of Harold Pinter,Brantley wrote.