- s humorless and disapproving
- Williams isn't po-faced; she's so tough that misery, mostly in the form of doomed men and rotten luck, never stands a chance.
- Indeed, the Kasbah's quiet, natural setting either makes it, as one visitor wrote in the guest book, "a great place to make babies" or, judging from a po-faced couple we overheard .
- For the discerning Anglo-Saxon music lover, the country that gave the world Jean-Michel Jarre's po-faced pomposity and the embarrassing .
News & Articles
- The Tax Justice Campaign Falls Flat On Its Face. You'd Need A Heart Of Stone Not To Laugh
I'm sorry but I just couldn't help but burst out laughing when I saw this story this morning. So is one of the more po-faced and puritan campaigns of recent times forced to face their own errors, their complete disregard for facts in any of their evidence. It's here in The Guardian: The Treasury's attempt to tax wealthy individuals who hide their assets in Switzerland was declared an ...
July 6, 2013 - Forbes
- William Orbit in MusicRadar.com - The place for music makers
This is more of a party record than the previous ones,says Orbit of the new album. "It's not a serious, po-faced record, it's not ambient - although it has its ambient moments. One of the things about being eclectic is that people don't...
- Cristina Odone in TIME
In an op-ed piece in the Daily Telegraph, Cristina Odone, a former editor of the Catholic Herald newspaper, warned Britain's Catholics against being "po-faced and humorless" and suggested the memo be laughed off as nothing more than a bad joke.
- Martin Amis in Macleans.ca
When I read these miserable, po-faced, prize-winning novelists,says Amis, "I think, 'You're deluding yourself if you think you're getting anything out of this.' It's a really crippled response to what being alive is, if you don't find it...