- n bacterium causing pneumonia in mice and humans
- Such outbreaks could have serious consequences: recurrent middle-ear infections can impair hearing, and pneumococcus can also cause meningitis and bacteremia, an infection of the .
- But the tiny spherical pneumococcus bacteria have proved a stubborn foe.
- It was a great pneumococcus killer.
News & Articles
- Adult Vaccination Rates Rise, but Not Enough
Vaccines are just for kids, right? Not any more. U.S. health officials now recommend at least a half dozen vaccines for adults, to prevent pneumococcus virus, hepatitis, shingles and other ailments. And although the portion of adults who get these vaccinations rises slightly each year, the rates are still far too low to slow the spread of dangerous diseases throughout the general population ...
June 11, 2013 - Scientific American