- n any of several trees producing edible oval fruit having a smooth skin and a single hard stone
- n any of numerous varieties of small to medium-sized round or oval fruit having a smooth skin and a single pit
- n a highly desirable position or assignment
a political plum
- r exactly
fell plumb in the middle of the puddle
- r completely; used as intensifiers
I'm plumb (or plum) tuckered out
- And she recently gave the famously well-dressed Carla Bruni a run for her money, when she received the French first lady in a plum Felipe Varela bandage-dress whose horizontal .
- So I'm in Seattle getting my pre-E3 briefing from Microsoft and I plum forgot to blog until now.
- From a chamber of commerce standpoint no convention sugar plum is sweeter than the League of Nations.
News & Articles
- Plum Creek Winery
TAZEWELL (WVVA) - Plum Creek Winery in Thompson Valley, Virginia opened its doors this past March, hoping to promote tourism to the Southwest Virginia area. Owners, Brian and Donna Allison say they've
June 13, 2013 - WVVA Bluefield
- Plum stroke survivor named Pennsylvania’s ‘Senior Hero’
By Patrick Varine, Penn Hills Progress When Darnell “Jeff” Pope of Plum came home after suffering a stroke in 2006, he said he was beaten. “I thought everyone was staring at ...
June 13, 2013 - The Mckeesport Daily News
- Gloucester's Plum Cove Beach closed due to high bacteria
Plum Cove Beach on Washington Street in Gloucester has been closed until further notice due to high bacteria counts.
June 12, 2013 - The Cape Ann Beacon
- Stephen Colbert in Toronto Star
America needs prunes. It may not be a young, sexy plum. Granted, it's shrivelled and at times hard to swallow. But this dried-up old prune has the experience we need,Colbert said.
- Brooke Astor in Guardian Unlimited
Astor wrote four books: "Patchwork Child," a 1962 autobiography; "The Bluebird is at Home," 1965, a novel; the autobiographical "Footprints," 1980; and "The Last Blossom on the Plum Tree," 1986, a period novel.
- Steve Jobs in San Francisco Chronicle
If you're a software developer, that is a plum market to go after,said Jobs.