- n any of numerous chiefly shorebirds of relatively compact build having straight bills and large pointed wings; closely related to the sandpipers
- A summer drawdown would create shallows for the young sturgeons to survive and protect plover nestlings from being washed away.
- Soon enough they're dining on plover's eggs and mooning over one another.
- Of a mother plover with her brood of four sitting on his hand, he said: "There is perfect faith there.
News & Articles
- Birds vs. beachgoers
Closures of Duxbury Beach to protect piping plovers, a shorebird on state and federal endangered species lists, are nothing new. This year, however, unusual beach conditions after the winter storms have led to an exceptionally high number of nesting pairs, leading to wider closures.
June 16, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Piping plover nest closes Cape Point to vehicles
BUXTON, N.C. (AP) — Ramps that allow access to one of the most popular surf fishing sites on the Outer Banks are closed because workers with the National Park Service found a piping plover nest with three chicks.
June 14, 2013 - Rocky Mount Telegram
- The Circus Comes to Heritage Days in Plover
The circus has come to Plover. This weekend the annual Heritage Days event at Heritage Park kicked off a two year exhibit that's all about the circus and it's rich history in Portage County.
June 10, 2013 - WSAW Wausau
- John McCain in Jackson Hole Star-Tribune
The mountain plover case reflects a pattern of denying endangered species protection for purely political reasons,said Lauren McCain, deserts and grasslands program director for Forest Guardians in Denver. "We've seen this with many other...