pleadingly : Definition, Usages, News and More
- I know it's wrong, but where -- I'm looking pleadingly at the director here -- where exactly is my motivation? Oh, it's been a rough ride at times.
- For a moment he would look among his audience, pleadingly, as if searching for his mother, and then he would begin, timidly and with trembling lips, to sing.
- Instead, if the bench repeatedly sustains his opponent's objections, Cayea now looks pleadingly at the jury and shakes his head in a gesture of grief.
News & Articles
- What's next for Serena? How about more of the same
Serena Williams moves in for a backhand. / Jerry Lai, USA TODAY Sports NEW YORK - Losing her grip again in a Grand Slam final in the U.S. Open on Sunday, Serena Williams raised her arms and stared pleadingly at her support team in the stands.
Sept. 9, 2013 - The Journal News
- Michael Voss in Brisbane Times
At this point in time I'm not particularly concerned about hurt feelings,Voss said. "Part of [Collins's] role is to ensure that we turn this around. I would hope, I would pleadingly hope, that there are some tough conversations because...