- v appeal or request earnestly
I pleaded with him to stop
- v offer as an excuse or plea
She was pleading insanity
- v enter a plea, as in courts of law
She pleaded not guilty
- v make an allegation in an action or other legal proceeding, especially answer the previous pleading of the other party by denying facts therein stated or by alleging new facts
- My opinion is that when you plead guilty to a crime you shouldn't serve.
- Indicted on 14 criminal counts on April 5, 1974, the owner of the New York Yankees plead guilty to obstruction of justice and conspiring to make illegal contributions to President .
- Four current movies plead the cause of the Jews in Palestine.
News & Articles
- Man to plead guilty to hacking into Salt Lake City police site
Man to plead guilty to hacking into Salt Lake City police site by Michelle L. Price The Associated Press Published Jun 12, 2013 07:10AM MDT An Ohio man linked to the hacker collective Anonymous plans to plead guilty to charges that he breached police-agency websites, under an agreement with the federal government that calls for prison time and nearly $230,000 in restitution. Court documents ...
June 12, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Marrero woman to plead guilty in $23,196 college financial aid fraud case
A Marrero woman accused of fraudulently obtaining $23,196 in federal financial aid for her daughter's college education has agreed to plead guilty and pay what she owes, her attorney, Jason Williams, said Wednesday. Shanera Washington-Sylve, herself a college financial aid...
June 12, 2013 - New Orleans Times-Picayune
- Two More Students Plead Guilty in Paige Raque Case
Two more Penn State students have plead guilty for their roles in supplying alcohol to minors at a party where a cheerleader fell out of a window.
June 11, 2013 - WTAJ-TV Altoona
- Jose Ramos Horta in Houston Chronicle
I would never turn my back on people who plead violence in Afghanistan, or whatever,Ramos Horta said. "But on a temporary basis so that they can be sent to a third country where they can start life with dignity and with promise of a better...
- Jesse Jackson Jr in Chicago Tribune
I never sent a message or an emissary to the governor to make an offer, plead my case or propose a deal about a US Senate seat, period,Jackson said.
- Radovan Karadzic in BBC News
I will not plead, in line with my standpoint as regards this court,Mr Karadzic replied.