- n a notebook containing descriptions and diagrams of the plays that a team has practiced (especially an American football team)
- n a book containing the scripts of one or more dramatic plays
the 1963 playbook leaves out the whole first scene
- n a scheme or set of strategies for conducting a business campaign or a political campaign
they borrowed a page from the playbook of the opposition
- Continuing Mittpolooza today, I found his "leaked" playbook to be highly amusing, especially in its brazen sales-speak.
- What is it about highly-paid outside consultants (and less highly paid White House officials) who are unable to keep their confidential strategy memos, campaign playbooks and .
- This attack is straight out of the Bush-Rove playbook, and is exactly what the American people are tired of.
News & Articles
- Coming up at the Senior Center...
Pizza & a Flick Wednesday, June 19, at noon at the Senior Center Showing, "Silver Linings Playbook" In this 2012 film, Bradley Cooper plays Pat, someone who is newly diagnosed with bipolar disorder after a court ordered stay in a mental institution.
June 14, 2013 - Groton Landmark
- Investors Have To Completely Rethink Their 2013 Playbook
The old playbook that worked from January through mid-May isn't working anymore. Two reasons - first, U.S. stocks are now coping with rising interest rates and the bond back-up. No one knows whether or not that's done for now. The yield on the 10-year, at 2.29%, is sitting at 14 month highs.
June 12, 2013 - Business Insider
- Video: Lacy learning Packers playbook
Packers rookie running back Eddie Lacy compares Mike McCarthy's playbook to what he saw playing for Nick Saban at Alabama.
June 12, 2013 - Packersnews.com
- John Edwards in MSNBC
I don't mind taking hits on my record, on issues,Mrs Clinton said. "But when somebody starts throwing mud, at least we can hope that it is both accurate and not right out of the Republican playbook."
- Doug Parker in 940 News
We must write a new playbook for running a profitable airline in this new and challenging environment,US Airways chairman and chief executive Doug Parker said in a statement.
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Guardian Unlimited
LAS VEGAS (AP) - Under pressure in a feisty debate, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton accused her closest rivals Thursday night of slinging mud "right out of the Republican playbook" and leveled her sharpest criticism of the campaign at their records.