- n the act of fixing firmly in place
he ordered the planting of policemen outside every doorway
- n a collection of plants (trees or shrubs or flowers) in a particular area
the landscape architect suggested a small planting in the northwest corner
- n putting seeds or young plants in the ground to grow
the planting of corn is hard work
- v put or set (seeds, seedlings, or plants) into the ground
- v fix or set securely or deeply
- v set up or lay the groundwork for
- v place into a river
- v place something or someone in a certain position in order to secretly observe or deceive
- v put firmly in the mind
- German brewers warn that European Union subsidies, which support the planting of rapeseed for conversion into biodiesel, discourage farmers from planting barley, which could mean .
- Puzzlingly, however, the junta's planting directive has not been matched by adequate infrastructure to turn those acres into energy, like collection mechanisms, processing plants .
- In the 12 years since GM crops have been commercially grown, James says most planting has been in the Americas.
News & Articles
- Planting & Fertilizing Machinery Market Analyzed & Forecast by GIA in Report Now Available at MarketPublishers.com
Currently, the global demand for planting and fertilizing machinery demonstrates stable growth, driven mainly by the enhancing adoption of mechanized farming across the globe. Such factors as commodity prices, government subsides, farm income, credit availability, scarcity of farm labor and product innovations have a considerable influence on the development of the planting and fertilizing ...
June 14, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Planting tomatoes
Planting is under way at the Forrest City Sports Complex Community Garden. City employee Mark Porter places a tomato plant in a row. The Larry S. Bryant Multi-purpose and Wellness Center at the complex will also play host to the City Pride program starting Monday. Photo by Alan Smith.
June 13, 2013 - Forrest City Times-Herald
- Soybeans slump as traders expect more planting
Soybean prices fell Thursday, as traders expect planting to proceed with more favorable weather in the Midwest. Farmers have been stymied this spring by cold, wet weather that has forced delays in planting ...
June 13, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Samuel Alito in AFP
We agree that the district court's injunction against planting went too far,Justice Samuel Alito wrote. "In sum, the District Court abused its discretion."
- Robert Gates in Voice of America
We are trying to uproot these networks that are planting IEDs, that are causing 70 percent of our casualties,Gates said. "And if you're in Iraq and trying to kill our troops, then you should consider yourself a target. We're not simply...