- r in a quiet and tranquil manner
the sea now shimmered placidly before our eyes
- r in a placid and good-natured manner
I put the questions, and she answered them placidly
- A cult movie director and a cow wait placidly on a busy Los Angeles street corner on a sunny autumn day.
- If somebody screwed up, the star took it placidly, saying over and over, "This is what rehearsals are for.
- Knapp, not reelected, was functioning placidly last autumn as Dean of the College of Home Economics at Syracuse University when, abruptly, she was accused by an erstwhile .
News & Articles
- When Peter Rabbit goes bad
When Peter first made his appearance on area lawns, not many of us took notice. The thrill of a little wildlife in the yard was exciting and everybody loved the dewy-eyed innocence of a bunny placidly nosing about.
June 24, 2013 - Boulder Daily Camera
- Max Ehrmann in Digital Journalist
Max Ehrmann wrote the poem "Desiderata" in 1927, the first line of which could have been the subtitle to a photographer's manual: "Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence."
- Zvi Mazel in Sydney Morning Herald
My wife and I stood there and began to tremble,Mazel explained to the website Ynet. "There was the terrorist, wearing perfect make-up and sailing placidly along the rivers of blood of my brothers and the families that were murdered."
- Turnbull in Journal and Courier
Gliese 581 "appears to be a nice, quiet older star that orbits placidly within the disk of the galaxy," says astronomer Margaret Turnbull of the Space Telescope Science Institute in Baltimore.