- n (baseball) playing the position of pitcher on a baseball team
- n abrupt up-and-down motion (as caused by a ship or other conveyance)
the pitching and tossing was quite exciting
- v throw or toss with a light motion
- v move abruptly
- v fall or plunge forward
- v set to a certain pitch
- v sell or offer for sale from place to place
- v be at an angle
- v heel over
- v erect and fasten
- v throw or hurl from the mound to the batter, as in baseball
- v hit (a golf ball) in a high arc with a backspin
- v lead (a card) and establish the trump suit
- v set the level or character of
- The pitching staff was the league's stingiest.
- Superior pitching (Dave McNally, Mike Cuellar, Jim Palmer) and defense (Paul Blair, Brooks Robinson) are what defined the Orioles from 1969-71, when the team won 109, 108 and 101 .
- He got his first assignment pitching in relief against the Texas Rangers and struck out Royce Clayton with a 96-m.
News & Articles
- Pitching will lead way for Oshkosh
Getting good starting pitching is often a recipe for success at any level of baseball.
June 13, 2013 - The Oshkosh Northwestern
- Pitching tandem leads Quaker Valley to PIAA victories
By Nathan Smith, Signal Item, Bridgeville Area News For a baseball team to make a run in the PIAA playoffs, it needs to have a strong pitching core. That is one of the ...
June 13, 2013 - The Mckeesport Daily News
- Pitching, defense push Canton past Old Forge and into PIAA Championship
BLOOMSBURG - All season long pitching and hitting have been the staples for Canton baseball. While on Tuesday their pitching continued to be strong their bats, outside of Connor Route, just weren't there. However, their gloves were. Every time it looked
June 12, 2013 - The Daily & Sunday Review
- Theo Epstein in New York Times
It's hard to have an elite organization without excellent starting pitching,General Manager Theo Epstein said. "I think we have even higher standards here - we need starting pitching that can succeed in the American League East, against...
- Kei Igawa in ESPN
I'm looking forward to having a pitching duel with Matsuzaka,Igawa said. "I know the fans there have very high expectations and I'll do my best to live up to them."
- Cliff Lee in The Canadian Press
Yeah, I like pitching here,Lee said. "I've always enjoyed pitching here."