- n a mutual promise of a couple not to date anyone else; on college campuses it was once signaled by the giving of a fraternity pin
- v to hold fast or prevent from moving
- v attach or fasten with pins or as if with pins
- v pierce with a pin
- v immobilize a piece
- General Charles Krulak, the head of the Marine Corps, has been busy denouncing the brutal September 1991 blood-pinning ritual recently seen on television.
- Campaigns are hungry to win swing votes, but pinning them down isn't easy.
- In Washington, last week, Correspondent Joseph Chiang made things much easier by pinning on his lapel a large badge reading "Chinese Reporter NOT Japanese Please.
News & Articles
- BOCES Nursing Assistant Students Honored at Pinning Ceremony
A pinning and recognition ceremony was held in early June to honor Career and Technical Education students completing the Nursing Assistant program at Oswego County BOCES. Continue reading ? The post BOCES Nursing Assistant Students Honored at Pinning Ceremony appeared first on Oswego County Today .
June 11, 2013 - Oswego County Today
- Conn. woman accused of pinning ex-boyfriend to cinder-block wall with car, crushing him
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. â€ A Connecticut woman is accused of killing her former boyfriend by pinning him against a garage wall with a car and crushing him.
June 11, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- ECC NURSING PINNING
Edgecombe Community College associate degree nursing graduates participated in their pinning ceremony in May. From left, graduates are (front row) Elizabeth Robbins, Lindsay Barnes, Jennifer Cameron, Taylor Farmer, Ashleigh May, Allison Kirkpatrick, Lakeshia Cooper, (second row) Sharonda Nicholson-Bradley, Sarah Megan Brown, Eleanor Shearin, Courtney Briley, Ramsey Langley, Erica Lowery, Walena ...
June 10, 2013 - The Daily Southerner
- Romeo Crennel in International Herald Tribune
Crennel said he didn't consider bringing in Quinn against a Ravens defense that was "pinning back its ears" in the second half and going after Anderson, who was sacked five times.
- Matt Giteau in The Canberra Times
Giteau said the main difference between the Sydney win and the Auckland loss was New Zealand were far better under the high ball, and succeeded in "pinning us down in our own half : whereas last week we were able to turn those high kicks and...
- Patrick Kerney in Seahawks.net
I'm just able to reap the benefits of everybody else's hard work; sacks are a team thing and lately I've just been the beneficiary,Kerney said. "It's been a great job by our coverage and by the defensive line pinning the guy in for me."