- v squeeze tightly between the fingers
He pinched her behind
- v make ridges into by pinching together
- v make off with belongings of others
- v cut the top off
- v irritate as if by a nip, pinch, or tear
- s sounding as if the nose were pinched
- s very thin especially from disease or hunger or cold
small pinched faces
- s not having enough money to pay for necessities
- s as if squeezed uncomfortably tight
her pinched toes in her pointed shoes were killing her
- Perpetually pinched for money, kept close under their father's thumb are the two oldest sons of the.
News & Articles
- Airwaves: "A New Place To Stay"
The recent recession has been particularly hard on leisure industries. As Americans have pinched pennies and managed tight budgets, summer vacations have come to feel, for many, like distant memories. However, one company has found a way to use the recession to its advantage, and is experiencing outrageous growth by making travel more affordable.
June 13, 2013 - Las Cruces Sun-News
- Loss of firefighters’ workers comp stuns boro
Ashville Borough Council members seem to be feeling pinched after losing private insurance coverage for Ashville Volunteer Fire Company’s workers compensation claims. The borough now must apply for state coverage, which will add extra $3,000 to the premium.
June 12, 2013 - The Tribune-Democrat
- Three East Bay parents of autistic kindergarten children file federal civil rights lawsuit claiming teacher abuse
ANTIOCH -- With the filing of a federal lawsuit Wednesday, a horrific child abuse scandal burst into public view in the Antioch school district, involving three autistic students who allegedly were slapped, pinched and verbally abused by a teacher -- and school officials who failed to report the accusations to police as the law requires.
June 8, 2013 - The Milpitas Post
- Barack Obama in New York Times
And right now everybody's so pinched that business is bad for everybody, and I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody,Mr. Obama said.
- Briny Baird in SI.com
Asked about a rumor that the fairways had tightened, Baird replied, "I don't think that's a rumor. That's a fact. They've pinched fairways in. The rough is definitely up from years past, so they're trying to toughen it up," Baird said. "If...
- Sam Allardyce in BBC Sport
He's told me that's where he wants to go - simple as that,said Allardyce. "At the 11th-hour they have pinched him. We are extremely disappointed, but there is not a lot we can do about it."