- n the guidance of ships or airplanes from place to place
- n the occupation of a pilot
- v operate an airplane
- v act as the navigator in a car, plane, or vessel and plan, direct, plot the path and position of the conveyance
- From trekking remote parts of Tibet and Namibia to piloting airplanes and sailing boats, there are few topics with which Berkley is not personally familiar.
- If his unconventional genealogy gave him a unique view of the Congo's colonial past, it is his job on the river, piloting three dugouts lashed together with twine and mounted with .
- Ming, who has 30 years' piloting experience, said that the engines regained power "miraculously" somewhere about 11,000 feet above the Pacific--or about 44 seconds before the plane .
News & Articles
- Local Headlines
Louis Demers knew exactly where he was going. The 89-year-old Quincy resident was co-piloting a 1929 Ford Tri-Motor -- called the "Tin Goose" -- Thursday afternoon over Quincy. He circled around the Mississippi River...
June 15, 2013 - Quincy Herald-Whig
- Artist vibrates water with the power of thought
(Credit: Video screenshot by Michelle Starr/CNET Australia) At first glance, it might not look as tricky as piloting a quadcopter just by thinking at it, but a project by artist Lisa Park has surprising depth. Eunoia -- Greek for "beautiful thinking" -- is all about the hidden power of the mind. The performance itself consists of Park meditating, surrounded by flat 60-centimetre-diameter dishes ...
June 14, 2013 - CNET
- Pike Schools Piloting Teacher Evaluation Program
The Pike County School System is getting a head start on the rest of the state by piloting a new system of teacher and administrator evaluation.
June 12, 2013 - Williamson Daily News
- John Hutton in Guardian Unlimited
Mr Hutton said: "The commission will be given extra powers to recover maintenance from those who repeatedly fail to pay. This will include the imposition of new curfews and the surrendering of passports, piloting mandatory withholding of wages as...
- Geoff Dixon in Sydney Morning Herald
Nearly all the Qantas Group of pilots are recruited in Australia, despite piloting being very much a global profession,Mr Dixon said in the statement. "Indeed, many Australian pilots choose to fly with overseas airlines throughout their...
- Dhirubhai Ambani in Livemint
Our efforts will be on piloting projects in alternative energy. Research and proof-of-concept projects in biofuels, solar energy and fuel cells, to understand and enable scale-up,constitute the second value creation driver, Ambani said.