- v steal goods; take as spoils
- s wrongfully emptied or stripped of anything of value
- s having been robbed and destroyed by force and violence
- First, owner Ron Perelman pillaged Marvel for cash and floated $250 million in high-yield debt.
- While other government buildings, ranging from the Ministry of Religious Affairs to the National Museum of Antiquities, were looted and pillaged, while hospitals were .
- Major labels are scurrying to land emo talent, just as they once pillaged Seattle for grunge.
News & Articles
- Music review: Steve Earle receives box-set treatment he deserves
Music review: Steve Earle receives box-set treatment he deserves by David Burger The Salt Lake Tribune Published Jun 25, 2013 08:52AM MDT Grade • A CD/DVD • In 1993, Steve Earle was promising singer-songwriter whose 1998 album “Copperhead Road” had offered tantalizing promises of what would happen when country music looted and pillaged the best elements of rock. But that same year, he was ...
June 24, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Sienna Miller in Fametastic
A source close to the pair told the Mirror Sienna said recently: "I love Wales." "I think it is the most beautiful country in the world and the people were just gracious and lovely considering they have been raped and pillaged by the English...
- Jacques Chirac in BusinessWeek
Africa is rich, but Africans are not. The continent holds one-third of the planet's mineral reserves. It is a treasure trove. But it must be neither pillaged nor sold off cheaply,Chirac said.
- Evo Morales in China Post
For more than 500 years, our resources have been pillaged. This has to end now,Morales told a news conference Thursday. "What we are looking for ...... are partners -- not bosses to exploit our natural resources."