- n a broad highway designed for high-speed traffic
- n highly valued northern freshwater fish with lean flesh
- n a sharp point (as on the end of a spear)
- n medieval weapon consisting of a spearhead attached to a long pole or pikestaff; superseded by the bayonet
- n any of several elongate long-snouted freshwater game and food fishes widely distributed in cooler parts of the northern hemisphere
News & Articles
- Pike Road moves on after MPS vote
Pike Road officials say a set of votes by the Montgomery School Board won't slow their plans for a new school.
June 13, 2013 - WSFA 12 Montgomery
- Pike awaiting sewage relief legislation
Pike County officials are hoping that new legislation proposed in Harrisburg will divert “a lot of expense” for homeowners who would have to modify waterfront on-lot sewage systems under new PA Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) policy.
June 12, 2013 - The River Reporter
- Pike Schools Piloting Teacher Evaluation Program
The Pike County School System is getting a head start on the rest of the state by piloting a new system of teacher and administrator evaluation.
June 12, 2013 - Williamson Daily News
- Amy Poehler in Newsweek
It's been quite a week,said Poehler of the negotiations. "I'm very excited about all the good stuff that's coming down the pike."
- Joe Torre in Forbes
You're not surprised by whatever comes down the pike,Torre said. "You don't always get used to it, but you understand if you want to work here - and there's a great deal of upside to working here - that there are certain things you have to...
- Mike Holmgren in International Herald Tribune
When asked if his wife would allow him to skip that promised sabbatical should the perfect football situation arise next year, Holmgren said: "You know what, right now she is doing foot care at (Seattle's) Pike Street clinic for the homeless. I am...