- n a system for classifying things into groups
- v place into a small compartment
- v treat or classify according to a mental stereotype
- Republicans would have had difficulty pigeonholing a black, 32-year-old, three-term Congressman who voted against Bush's tax cuts but in favor of such conservative perennials as .
- The noxious practice of pigeonholing people in narrow racial classifications is a deeply ingrained American habit that predates independence.
- At 69, Adler has spent much of his career pigeonholing books and, in one way or another, teaching people how to read them.
News & Articles
- Cut of the Day: "Ease Up!!," Vin Blanc/White Wine
Joe Haege has never been easy to pin down. Whether making fractured art-rock in Portland cult legends 31Knots or moody, noirish torch-pop with Tu Fawning , the guy's made the people who have my job work extra hard to even get close to pigeonholing him. Naturally, he doesn't make things any easier with his latest solo project, recorded under the delightfully cumbersome alias Vin Blanc/White Wine ...
July 25, 2013 - Willamette Week
- Christiane Amanpour in MSNBC
When there is somebody like bin Laden who's done what he's done, there's the natural reaction of pigeonholing, making him the monster. ...... But I think it's interesting to try to know more about them,Amanpour said in a recent interview.
- Chester Bennington in 93X.COM
We've always been known for mixing a lot of different genres of music and not pigeonholing ourselves in one particular sound, but by doing so, we've kind of pigeonholed ourselves into our sound,Bennington said backstage at Saturday's Inland...
- Stanley Sporkin in Pacific Free Press
I think there is a new generation of political leaders who find the very traditional pigeonholing rather redundant, actually. They have undergone this strange experience, certainly for me, but in a sense I think for Obama too, which is growing up... Tony Blair http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Blair&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFrasCBCQNLoiRZGTcJYVnJN2a4xw TopNews http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.topnews.in/blair-says-he-still-troubled-over-his-decision-invade-iraq-2117894&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFfKkaiyJn33iaC6s1r-MQwXUlB3Q Jan 30, 2009
74509 149864 pigged The Concerned Individual identified that the line, which was scheduled for 'smart' pigging [a device used for cleaning and identifying corrosion], was not going to be pigged in 2008 as a result of deferred work necessary to enable the pigging...